Softlash - Premium Loop Connector for halyards, sheets and other lines
The Premiumropes Softlash is a clever shackle substitute for ultra-high loads to connect sheets and halyards safely to the sail. Using purpose designed thimbles and a lightweight softshackle version with Dyneema-Cover this Softlash is a easy to handle and safe connection to any sail.
How does the Premiumropes Softlash work?
The softshackle spliced from HMPE superfibre and covered with 48-braided Dyneema is mounted in the aluminum thimble. The loop of the shackle connects with the diamond knot and closes the connector. An extra velcro - available in multiple colours - supports this, when the shackle is not under load.
The thimble will be spliced into a sheet, halyard or any other trim line and builds the strongest possible connection.
The Softlash can be easily opened / closed by removing the loop part from the knot / hanging the loop over the diamontknot. It can not be opened under load, as the construction prevents this. The velcro is an extra precaution to keep the Premiumropes Softlash from accidentally coming loos, when a sheet is not loaded.
What are the advantages of the Premiumropes Softlash?
- lightweight - the Softlash is weighing less than a stainless steel shackle of comparable breaking load
- super strong - with the HMPE fibres in the loop and the extra protection cover the Premiumropes Softlash is designed for the highest loads experienced in sailing
- safe connection - our rope experts and riggers have built this Softlash so it will not open by accident whether under load or not
- protects the boat - the Premiumropes softlash has no sharp or hard metal parts on the outside, which could damage any paint varnish on mast, foredeck or other boat parts
- flexible - Softlash can be connecting any sail and rope on your boat with various applications.
- colour coding - use different colours for port and starboard sheets or halyards. The Premiumropes Softlash comes with four velcros in different colours (black, blue, red, green)
Which size of the Premiumropes Softlash do you need?
- Softlash SL-8 - use the Softlash SL-8 for halyard and sheets up to 8mm
- Softlash SL-10 - use the Softlash SL-10 for halyard and sheets up to 10mm
- Softlash SL-12 - use the Softlash SL-12 for halyard and sheets from 12-14mm
|Product||L-size mm||BL in kg||WLL in kg||Max rope diameter [mm]|
|Diameter||8 mm, 10 mm, 12-14 mm|