Handbook Splicing Modern Ropes
Available in 7 languages.
Using clear, step-by-step photography and detailed instructions, this book will guide readers through all the stages. These rope splicing techniques are explained:
· Make strong, reliable splices in braided rope.
· Select ropes in the materials that best suit your on-board requirements.
· Customise your ropes to make your setup easier and safer.
· Optimise your deck layout and save weight on board.
· Taper your sheets for ease of handling.
· Splice an extra cover on your ropes to give better grip in clutches, avoid chafe and make them last longer.
Written by Jan-Willem Polman, founder of Premiumropes.
Captain Bob Solliday of the American Sailing Association stated in his review of 'Splicing Modern Ropes': "For anyone planning a long passage this book is a must for your library." "The handbook clearly explains in detail all kinds of splices for all kinds of ropes. Twisted ropes, braided ropes, or double-braided with cores, they are all discussed and each is unique when it comes to eye splices, splices to shackles, weight saving and tapering techniques, plus thickening and strengthening methods. Whipping techniques and halyard reeving are also covered. So whatever your rope, and whatever your need, it is in this handbook."